Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A step back

Transportation [modified]Ok, so I managed to get my (crappy) photos off my phone. Phew. Luckily, at this small size they look decent, but make them any larger and you'll see that they are pretty poor. Anyway, keeping with my theme that I do the journals as "quickly" as possible (although not without thought, mind you), I needed to think on my toes for these last two journals. With everything else that was on my mind last week, I didn't remember to bring any supplies, and to be honest, I'm sort of happy that i didn't. This way, I was forced to be creative, using the resources I had on hand. Had I planned ahead, I would have let my competitive streak get a hold of me, and this project would have stopped being fun.
TransportationFor Jim's transportation-themed journal, I found a Google Map I had of Julie's house (aka, my favorite journal drop-off spot!) and pasted it onto my page, adding a few annotations. Julie's "Spring" journal was a little harder. I'll attest to whoever said that the later you get a journal, the harder it is to do an entry. As soon as you see the other entries, you can't help but judge yourself against them or make a comparison of their ideas verses yours. I think the main reason I had a problem with this page was because it was a very saturated, vivid RED -- a color which I didn't associate with spring, especially compared to the grassy, natural images previously entered. But, I embraced it, and enjoyed it. Spring [modified]

No comments: